Monday, August 24, 2009

Fragment for John Hughes

Sorry for the cop-out post, I wanted to put up something new but I was out all night every night all weekend (how sordid!), so instead here is a fragment from a song I started working on a few months ago. Never got around to recording it, so for our purposes here I've tweaked it to be poetical and such. Blah blah blah.

-----

The morning after dawned on us.
You were late for Long Island
So I walked uptown on Lexington, alone
with the tipsy fragments culled from the hours spent between us:
They tasted like dessert wine, improving over time,
Experience enhanced in hindsight.



We split up on the subway
after three short stops
our lines diverging.
I stood and said goodbye,
but you ruined my exit
with a cheap and easy kiss,
asking me to call sometime, planning
no answer.

No comments: