Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Poetry doodles!

Poetry!

Something I'm sort of not keen on sharing but since this blog is all about us improving our literary voices, I figured that it'd be helpful to post it. Be warned though, it's bilingual! Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to do the ~ over the N, I'd appreciate it :-) . That said, enjoy:

"Voz"

You,

Towering over

the dilapidated and broken
home of Eddie Olmos.

You,

who no one sees
or cares to notice
your overarching sombrero,
your bullet clad shirt
your caballo that runs

Toward!

la tierra de suenos.

Voz,

who once proclaimed,

"Es mejor de morir en mis pies,
than to continue living on my knees,"

You,
Grey
Barren
Broken hearted
Soulless
Suenos rusted
by the poder del Mundo,
will no longer stand.

Voz,
Nadie,
hears it now.

Voz,
Nadie,
No one,
Cares for you now.

No comments: