Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Untitled Nightmare Fragment

Untitled Nightmare Fragment


All there is is me–

All there is is me and the gentle curve of her smile–

All there is is me and the gentle curve of her smile and the rigid rise of her body–

All there is is me and the gentle curve of her smile and the rigid rise of her body and I want.

I want to press my mouth to the sharp ridges of her body.

I want to press my mouth to the sharp ridges of her body and break it open, ease the pressure of my blood and see if it will vibrate the same way free of my flesh that it does trapped within.

I want to press my mouth to the sharp ridges of her body and break it open. I want to taste myself, the hot-thin-red-old-penny taste. I want to break myself open and taste the way I change, cooling, on the surface of her skin, the sharp ridges of her body.

I want to let go and fall and fall and fall and fall–

I want to let go and fall upwards into the granite of her neck.

I want to fall upwards into the granite if her neck and rupture, smear myself across her.

I want to fall upwards into the granite of her neck and rupture, smear myself across her until my intestines drape like pearls across the jut of her collarbones. I want to rupture and shatter so that she brushes the shards of my bones from her shoulders like dandruff.

I want to fall upwards into the granite of her neck and rupture, smear myself across her. I want to make her skin hot and red and shiny with the slick of my body, the smear of my self.

I want to burst myself against the craggy hills of her body and soak in. Soak in until there is nothing left but–

Her–

Her and the gentle curve of her smile–

Her and the gentle curve of her smile and the rigid rise of her body–

Nothing left but her and the gentle curve of her smile and the rigid rise of her body.

Nothing left but her.

2 comments:

OneirosBound said...

wow! that was really fun to read. The repetition really works to bring the piece together. I liked it a lot. Do you write horror very often?

Amelia said...

I guess I have a little bit of a preference for horror - the first story I ever wrote was a horror story and it was really, well, horrible. Honestly though, I wasn't sure if I should mark this as horror because, while it does have gore, and the inspiration was a dream that woke me up in a cold sweat, the piece itself doesn't have the terror/fear emotion in it for me personally that I normally associate with horror genres.